Last updated: 2022-05-04
No Closet Inc. (“No Closet”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects your privacy.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of information:
- Personal information which is information about an identifiable individual. This includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate an individual.
- Location Information which is information about the location of your device.
- Technical information which is information including your IP address, browser type, device and system information, unique identifier, the web page you visited before accessing the Platform, Location Information, date and time stamps, crash reports, system activity and other similar information and interactions with the Platform. Some technical information can be Personal Information, either by itself or when combined with other information.
How do we collect information?
We collect information from you using various methods including through the following:
- Information you provide to us: We collect personal information when you voluntarily provided it to us through our Platform or through other means. For example, we may collect personal information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number when you create an account, list an article of clothing, make a rental or purchase, enter a promotion, communicate with us, submit a review, register to receive a newsletter, take a survey or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication.
- Payment information you provide to us: When you register an account or enter into any transaction for the sale or rental of clothing we or our third-party payment processor collect personal information such your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card details and banking information. Our current third-party payment processor is Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”). You can read about Stripe’s privacy practices by following this link: https://stripe.com/en-ca/privacy.
- User contributions and interactions: You may also provide information for us to publish or display on the Platform or transmit to other users in connection with a clothing listing. When you interact with the Platform, we may collect technical information about you or your activity.
- Location Information: We collect Location Information from your mobile device when you use the Platform.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. For example, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to register your account;
- to verify your identity;
- to authenticate you when you log into your account;
- to provide, administer and improve our Platform;
- to facilitate your requests with other users for clothing rentals, purchases and sales;
- to communicate with you about your requests;
- to administer your payment for clothing which you rent, purchase or sell through the Platform;
- to personalize and improve your experience;
- to protect the security or integrity of our Platform and our business; and
- to provide or offer updates, promotions and announcements.
How do we share your information?
We may share your information as follows:
- With third-party service providers who help us with our business operations. For example, we may share information with third-party service providers who provide us with development, storage, marketing, analytics, payment processing and promotional services.
- We share information with our third-party identification verification service provider. Our current identification verification service provider is Jumio. You can read about Jumio’s privacy practices by following this link: https://www.jumio.com/legal-information/privacy-policy/jumio-corp-privacy-policy-for-online-services/.
- With other users to facilitate your rentals, purchases or sales of clothing. For example, if a user wishes to rent an article of clothing from another user, we will share certain personal information, including contact information, between the users. We will also share Location Information to facilitate the pickup and return of articles of clothing
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may transfer your personal information as part of that transaction.
- We may share information about you if necessary for us to exercise our rights under the Terms, collect a debt from you or as permitted or required by law, for example with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- We may also share aggregated demographic or otherwise non-personal information with our partners and advertisers, such as usage statistics of the Platform.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected the information or as required by law.
How do you change your information?
You may review and change personal information which you provided to us by logging into your account and modifying the personal information stored in connection with your account. If you do not have an account or for other questions about our privacy practices, you may contact us using the email address below.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Social Networks
Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be stored by us or our service providers outside of Canada. If your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect your personal information. For example, our Platform is encrypted and protected by SSL encryption software. However, no method of electronic transmission or Platform is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit personal information to us using our Platform if you consider that information to be sensitive.
Additional Protections for Minors
The Platform is not directed at individuals under the age of 18 years and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from these individuals. If you become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the email address below and we will take steps to delete such information.